La Cantera Resort & Spa, San Antonio, TX
November 5-8, 2018
Golf Tournament Lead - Assist with registration and will be responsible for registering all golfers the day of the tournament, informing them of the proceeds that will go to support the Alamo Chapter Wounded Warriors and Military Families Endowment Fund, selling mulligans and additional tournament related prizes. Also you will ensure the players are assigned to the appropriate team during registration and ensure each team has 4 players by pairing up registered singles. (Quantity 10-12 day of tourney). Attire: Comfortable, professional civilian clothes (Khakis/Polo).
- On-course spotters – are responsible for providing refreshments, ensuring each group knows where they are starting as well as any additional on the golf course needs that may arise.
- Hole-in-One – These individuals will be responsible for additional prize sells “on the hole” and to witness all “Initial” tee shots from all four players. NO MULLIGAN Shot will count on the hole-in-one prize. Typically if there are enough volunteers, one would remain on the tee box and the other would remain on the green. If one requires a break, the other can fill-in but both CAN NOT leave the hole unattended.
Exposition Registration Lead - will be required to cross check all registered conference guess and provide them with the appropriate Exposition badges for entry into the expo hall and specific training events. (Quantity 10 volunteers each day). Attire: Casual (Slacks/Polo)
Protocol Lead - This key position must work with appropriate and local protocol officers to ensure that the event has accounted for all Distinguished Visitors, General Officers, Elected Officials, etc. They may be required to contact the appropriate DV’s office for clarification to ensure the DVs visit is smooth and dignified. (Quantity 10 volunteers daily) VIP escorts: Business Casual (Slacks/Button down/Tie)
- DV/VIP Sentry – gatekeeper for DV/VIPs break room/location. You are responsible for keeping all Non-DV/VIPs from entering the break room. You will need to obtain a list of all those DV/VIPs prior to reporting to the room/location. Exposition badges will be primary means of delineating Non-DVs or by personal recognition of the DV/VIP. (Quantity 2 or 3 each day)
- Guest speaker escort – volunteer will be required to escort the speaker to and from pre-agreed location to DV/VIP break location, applicable conference room/location, and anywhere within the exposition hall as required. (Quantity 3 or 4)
- Runners – Runners will relay important messages, work with Protocol officers to ensure general officers/DVs flags are posted appropriately and dignified, expedited any message info to/for any AFCEA Board of Directors to applicable source as needed. These folks will also provide breaks to other volunteers. (Quantity 2 or 3)
Logistics lead - This key position is responsible to ensure the ACE runs smoothly. There are a lot of moving pieces and this lead will ensure many of the “behind the scenes” operations are fully operational. Quantity: (20 volunteers daily). Attire: Comfortable, professional civilian clothes (Khakis/Polo)
- Pavilion Concierge – The pavilion concierge will be responsible for providing information pertaining to all “Tracks”, “Guest Speaker times, and location”, and be able to point out specifics concerning knowledge any expo event in the facility. (Quantity 2 or 3 each day)
- Parking lot Concierge – provide detail directions from the parking location(s) to the appropriate location of the exposition. (Quantity 2 each day)
- Exhibit Hall Monitor – Primary focus is to provide up to the minute updates to Emcee, Pavilion concierge, and Parking lot concierge to ensure they are abreast of any schedule, venue, room, and or speaking changes including any other unforeseen changes. You will be the primary method of disseminating important information to the Board of Directors, DVs, VIPs, and any applicable personnel. (Quantity 1-2 each day)
- Luncheon Door Sales/Support – This position is responsible for checking and verifying “PAID” credentials into the lunch area. If tickets are issued you will take up and account for them along with keeping un-paid guess out of the lunch area. Self-explanatory. (Quantity 2 or 3)
- Session Support – This position will work with the guest speaker and guest speaker escort to ensure their needs are taken care of e.g. water for guest speaker, note paper, sound support, Public address support, etc. you will not be responsible for venue’s equipment but you will need to know who to contact in case something goes wrong. (Quantity 3 or 4)
- Speaker Note Taker – Identify speakers desires on what he or she wants, takes notes concerning questions asked, and consolidates all notes each day and provide them to CPM (Lindy Jordan) for overall consolidation and action item tracking. (Quantity 3 or 4)
- Q&A Support – these members will ensure any individuals asking questions will be provided a microphone before asking it.